BRI is looking to add a Research Associate to our R&D team at our corporate office in Durham, NC. The position reports to the R&D Manager.Under the supervision of a Scientist, the Associate will conduct research experiments to develop, produce, and characterize enzymes following established protocols. The employee will also participate in related R&D projects and R&D’s support of business development, sales, marketing, and customers. No relocation assistance is included for this position.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
- Under the direction of a Scientist, plan, coordinate, and conduct research experiments and analyses to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Supervise and train Assistants or Interns in conducting research.
- Understand customer’s industry, processes and needs and how company’s products and research address their needs.
- As a team member representing specific expertise, contribute to outcomes in R&D or cross-functional projects.
- As a team member, establish expertise in and contribute to the advancement of specific R&D capability areas.
- Identify opportunities and participate in continued improvement of product quality, processes, and methods.
- Lead independent research projects as needed.
- Collect and organize scientific and other information and make it available and useful to appropriate stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications / Background Requirements:
- Master’s degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related field, or Bachelor’s degree with three years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct research with minimal supervision.
- Basic understanding of statistical design and analysis of experiments.
- Ability to research scientific literature and convert useful information into practice.
- Familiarity with common biochemical and molecular biological techniques, such as enzymatic assays
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors:
- Willingness to take additional responsibilities and set challenging goals.
- Analytical thinking, e.g. systematically solve a problem.
- Ability to deal with failures and incorporate lessons learned.
Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org