Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BRI.
Our company is recognized for translating research and development of products into commercially successful feed additive products that help poultry, swine, and aqua producers optimize animal nutrition. Our continuing growth provides ample opportunity for career advancement in the dynamic field of biotechnology.
We are building a unique culture of innovation while living our core values of growth, respect, integrity and teamwork. BRI is a culturally diverse organization, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a comfortable and friendly working environment. Our company provides a generous benefit package for employees including health, dental, life and disability insurance, flex spending account options, 401K retirement plan matching as well as paid vacation and sick time.
We are always looking for talented, energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team either in our Research Triangle Park (Durham, NC) corporate headquarters or our Apex, NC manufacturing facility.
We are seeking to fill the following positions:
This position will act as the main sales manager in Mexico primarily, with support as needed for the rest of LATAM, and will be the contact between potential distributor(s), potential customers and the company, developing relationships that enable a recognition and understanding of the customer’s needs that support business to customer interactions. The individual will work with the global key account manager and VP of Sales to transition newly established accounts into functioning relationships that provide smooth delivery of products to market. This delivery of products may entail working with internal resources such as Manufacturing and R&D to tactically coordinate solutions to technical or regulatory challenges. In addition, the position will provide ongoing direct or delegated customer support through coordinated efforts.
The position will also be responsible to identify potential business partners and work with the VP of sales on establishing distributorship(s) agreement(s) with qualified partners.
This position reports to the R&D Manager. Primary focus of this position is to conduct research in enzyme engineering, expression, and characterization for development of enzyme feed additives. The Research Scientist generates new hypotheses and technology initiatives and develops these into research programs to develop new and improved products. Recognized company-wide as an expert in biochemistry, molecular biology, and/or microbiology, the employee leads the continued development and improvement of technical capabilities in biotechnology and is critical to the commercial success of products.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
• Be accountable for achieving one or more critical R&D and/or commercial objectives.
• As a team lead in one or more technical areas in biotechnology, identify needs and opportunities, set targets and metrics, create and execute plans to continually develop and enhance R&D capabilities, both internally and externally.
• Lead the proposal, design, planning and execution of biotechnology research projects; participate in others as members.
• Train and mentor junior colleagues in biochemistry, molecular biology, and related fields as well as conducting research experiments.
• Manage project teams to ensure proper execution of tasks and timely delivery of defined outcomes.
• Actively acquire knowledge in the industry, customers, and products, and apply it to improve the quality and performance of new and existing products.
• As a technical expert in specific areas, systematically organize research findings, and proactively develop and share valuable insight with R&D and commercial teams.
• Using appropriate media and formats, e.g. summaries, bulletins, presentations, white papers, and publications, communicate technical information effectively to commercial teams, partners, customers as well as scientific community.
• Assist commercial teams as well as customers in understanding the product characteristics and performance, varying applications, and optimal field evaluations to derive maximum benefits.
Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to email@example.com