This position will be to provide basic daily support in the areas of animal trial management, data collection and laboratory testing, as required. The intern will also participate in ancillary activities related to data analyses and reporting and R&D’s support of business development, sales, marketing, and customers. The intern will gain valuable exposure to animal trial design and management, feed formulation and mixing, data analysis, laboratory-scale bio-manufacturing, basic laboratory techniques (e.g. enzyme activity assays, bacterial culture, and/or nucleic acid assays; depending on interests), and technical services activities.
The specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Processing feed and biological samples
- Assisting with in vivo data collection
- Assisting in dissections and sample collection
- General laboratory and trial facilities maintenance, stocking, assay prep
- Basic in vitro testing
- Data entry and literature review to support R&D, TS, sales and marketing
Desired Qualifications: The candidate should be currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college/university. Applicable majors include: Animal Science, Poultry Science, Nutrition Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry or similar. Undergraduate students should have completed at least their junior year of undergraduate course work. Graduate student applicants may be pursuing thesis or non-thesis options.
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors:
- Previous experience in animal handling and a laboratory environment, including handling chemicals and laboratory equipment, generating and analyzing data, and word-processing skills.
- Knowledge in animal science or nutrition is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org