Molecular Biology/ Fermentation Research Associate
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
BRI is currently seeking a research associate to support projects related to new enzyme product development in the animal nutrition area. Responsibilities include plasmid construction, strain engineering, fermentation, and development of enzymatic assays. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, and other related areas. The candidate should have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop solutions to challenging problems.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
- Independently design experiments and troubleshoot as needed.
- Routinely apply molecular biology or microbiology methods to support enzyme product development and commercial application support.
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues in written technical reports and oral presentations.
- Support enzymatic studies with external partners for regulatory and sales purposes.
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties.
- Work as a part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans.
- Master’s degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related fields, or a bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Highly skilled in molecular biology techniques: able to use molecular biology software, design primers, optimize PCR conditions, construct plasmids, analyze plasmid sequencing results, and do qPCR analysis.
- Pilot to large-scale fermentation skills are highly preferred.
- Experience in protein biochemistry/enzymology, including enzyme kinetics, protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and enzyme assay development.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical design and analysis of experiments.
- Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in coordination with senior scientific staff and follow detailed instructions is required.
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States without sponsorship.
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan: including Medical, Dental, Vision health insurance, FSA, 401k, and Life Insurance.
- Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to email@example.com