Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
BioResource International (BRI) is currently seeking a research associate to support projects related to new enzyme product development in the animal nutrition area, including plasmid construction, strain engineering, fermentation product testing and development of enzymatic assays. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, and other related areas. The candidate should have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop solutions to challenging problems.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
- Routinely apply molecular biology or microbiology methods in support of enzyme product development and commercial application support.
- Independently design experiments and troubleshoot as needed.
- Work as part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans.
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties.
- Support enzymatic studies with external partners for regulatory and sales purposes.
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues in written technical reports and oral presentation.
- Master’s degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related field, or bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Highly skilled in molecular biology techniques (experience using molecular biology software, primer design, cloning, optimizing PCR conditions, DNA sequence analysis, qPCR) are preferred.
- Skilled in CRISPR or genome engineering tools to perform strain construction is preferred.
- Experience in protein biochemistry/enzymology, including enzyme kinetics, protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and enzyme assay development.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical design and analysis of experiments.
- Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in coordination with senior scientific staff and follow detailed instructions is required.
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States without sponsorship.
- Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to email@example.com