BRI is looking to add a QAQC Manager to our team at our manufacturing facility in Apex, NC. The position reports to the CFO. The QA/QC Manager will be responsible for the biological and chemical evaluation of our final product, intermediate products, and raw materials, using equipment at our production facility.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
- Maintain GMP, FAMI-QS and HACCP compliance.
- Write and establish Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage the QMS and audit systems for the manufacturing operation.
- Perform and assist in the validation of QC assays with a high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Ensure the laboratory is managed and maintained according to existing quality system and safety procedures as well as adherence to GLP, GMP, FAMI-QS and HACCP.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria, procedures and protocol.
- Provide, and oversee inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Work with management to design, develop and improve quality systems and training programs.
- Promote an awareness of customer requirements.
Education / Qualifications / Background Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; 5+ years’ experience in biotechnology, microbiology, or related field is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of biological sciences including GMP, GLP HACCP and FAMI-QS.
- Bench work experience
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors:
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions independently.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Bench work ability in the biological or life sciences.
- Ability to problem solve; collect and analyze data; prepare findings.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding troubleshooting.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate machines and test equipment.
- Ability to lead/train others to accomplish results; receptive and supportive of team efforts.
Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to [email protected]