Product Development Manager
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Product Manager is responsible for driving sales via development and execution of product sales strategies. Also, for the first 12 months, the Product Manager will develop marketing processes and material, build sales support processes, and develop our CRM platform. This position will work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. The Product Manager will be involved in day-to-day distributor support and technical support. The specific responsibilities of this position include:
Product Manager Function
- Work with sales, technical support, and marketing to drive product sales via developing product strategy and execution.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Assess and develop marketing material to effectively promote our products.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answer questions and requests.
Sales Support Process Development function
- Process new sales contacts by compiling lists of leads and maintaining CRM tools.
- Monitor customer accounts.
- Create and maintain customer records.
- Manage correspondence between the sales team and their clients, following up with clients as needed.
- Handle all administrative duties for the organization and scheduling of client meetings and conferences.
- Provide data and reports to help the sales team.
- Create and process sample and sales orders in a timely fashion by coordinating with the logistics and manufacturing departments.
Marketing: Material and Promotions
- Review, assess and create marketing material to promote BRI‘s products and BRI‘s position as a market leading, science based product development and commercialization partner.
- In conjunction with R&D, plan, coordinate and write clear, concise, and accurate summaries for publications, abstracts, trial summaries and promotional material for BRI and its products.
- Coordinate and manage marketing, marketing material and graphic resources.
- Coordinate press releases, speeches and appearances for BRI.
Required Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with 3-5 years of experience. A technical background / marketing background (education and/or experience) in Life Sciences is required. The ideal candidate would have proven work experience in product management with strong problem solving skills, a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job, skill at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org