Marketing & Product Manager
BRI is currently seeking a Marketing & Product Manager to join it’s team. This position is responsible for performing comprehensive marketing and product manager responsibilities. This includes day to day activities relating to all products globally, writing medium term strategic marketing operating plans and strategy directions for different products, and providing cross-functional leadership-bridging gaps within the company between different functions, most notably between R&D, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The marketing/product manager is expected to be the team leader in defining all steps needed from the inception of a product idea to the launch of such a product including all steps in between.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop corporate and product key messaging.
- Be the head of Product management and marketing contact for all BRI’s International Distributor and Sales network and provide day-to-day problem resolution; effectively communicating by phone and email, and manage incoming email, providing timely responses.
- Manage external resources including graphic designers, PR specialists, videographers, photographers, web developers, etc.
- Day to day management of the marketing and regulatory specialists/personnel.
- Help define product requirements from development to production, packaging needs, QCQA/regulatory and launch requirements of the product.
- Complete market analysis – competitive landscape and drawing a differentiated product vision that will deliver unique value based on customer demands.
- Head up market research and maintenance of marketing material. Maintain Marketing section of the BRI SharePoint database, distribution lists, Grow and maintain the Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) library.
- Define the ‘why’, ‘what’, and ‘when’ a certain product is to be developed and launched, i.e., responsible for carrying the product from inception to launch.
- Support and align marketing plans & Product launches and processes identifying best practices to enhance market presence and product availability with current and potential customers.
- Oversee the regulatory function and ensure that regulatory personnel have a complete registration process for alignment with marketing promotional tactics and projects to support promotions of BRI product lines with local area distributors to properly optimize product availability.
- Continually work to minimize SG&A spending to increase bottom line. Build, plan, maintain, monitor, and report BRI’s participation in external partnerships and evaluate participation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-7 years of progressive marketing and product management in multi-national company.
- A minimum of BSc in marketing, business, Ag Science, or Nutrition is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Experience in working in corporate environment is preferred with a strong working knowledge of social media platforms (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn…etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, Dropbox, Basecamp & other necessary software.
- Experience with marketing and promotional activities supporting animal feed, protein, or health products to livestock customers, feed mills, growers, and integrators, is a plus.
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors:
- Prefers fast paced environments and is consistently involved with multiple activities and priorities. Sets stretch goals, and works diligently to achieve them, continually tries to improve one’s skills and performance.
- Sees things that need to be done and undertakes them on own initiative. Volunteers and accepts challenging assignments, is viewed as a self-starter.
- Demonstrates expertise in their own field, serves as a resource to others, shares knowledge and is frequently engaged by others to help solve problems in their area of expertise.
- Problem Analysis & Critical Thinking: Effectively gathers, research, analyzes and assimilates information; uses logic and critical thinking to address issues and problems. Generates and selects effective solutions.
- Adaptability & change Management: Appropriately changes one’s approach in response to new information; continuously adapts to changes; deals with uncertainty; decides and is willing to act when called on, with available information when time is of the essence.
- Customer Focus :Responsively addresses the needs of both internal and external customer/ stakeholders; assures that customer service is top priority; Listens carefully to what customers, influencers, stakeholders are concerned or interested in; Seeks to partner with customers/stakeholders to find win-win solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills and Relationship Building: Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with a wide range of individuals; is approachable, actively listens to the issues and concerns of others; can establish effective and productive rapport with others. Willing compromise and find solutions to resolve conflict.
- Planning and Organizing: Plans, manages and monitors work responsibility to assure effective accomplishments of individual and/or team objectives. Plans and manages time and resources effectively, effectively organizes daily and monthly work assignments to assure on time completion of objectives and commitments.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and serves as a coach and mentor for such positions.
|Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Employee must be available during the “core” working hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 PM.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to email@example.com