Fermentation Research Scientist/Associate
BRI is currently seeking a research associate to support projects related to product development in the animal nutrition area. The major task is to optimize the current fermentation procedures, perform downstream processing and maintain a pilot fermentation plant. We expect the candidate to have a strong background in fermentation, with experience covering both bacterial and fungal fermentation. The candidate should also have strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop solutions to challenging problems.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
- Independently design experiments and troubleshoot as needed.
- Routinely apply fermentation skills to support enzyme product development and commercial application support.
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues in written technical reports and oral presentations.
- Assist with regularly assigned laboratory maintenance duties.
- Support enzymatic studies with external partners for regulatory and sales purposes.
- Work as part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans.
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in microbiology, biotechnology or related fields.
- Highly skilled in fermentation, with experience in developing and optimizing fermentation procedures.
- Pilot to large-scale fermentation skills required.
- Familiar with downstream processes such as filtration, centrifugation, and spray drying.
- Knowledge in maintaining and fixing fermentation-related instruments.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical design and analysis of experiments.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in coordination with senior scientific staff and follow detailed instructions is required.
|Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
|Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Résumés (with position title in the headline) may be emailed directly to email@example.com