Thank you for your interest in a career with BioResource International, Inc.!
We currently have a Research Associate/Scientist position available!
This position reports to the Director of Research and Development. It supports product development from early stage characterization through to approval and launch. Experience with enzyme characterization studies and product development are preferred. This candidate will be required to design and conduct experiments, and analyze and report research results both internally and at scientific meetings.
Responsibilities & Principal Activities:
Plan, design, execute, and report characterization studies in support of product development with supervision
- Effectively document experiments and results according to GLP based good documentation practices.
- Write/revise study protocols, technical reports, SOPs and SAPs.
- Analyze and summarize datasets, including use of appropriate statistical analysis tools.
- Participate in the development of investigational plans and activities.
- Communicate project status and concerns to management through formal presentations of study outcomes in team meetings.
- Development of project leadership skills.
Education / Qualifications / Background Requirements:
- MS or Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field.
- MS plus 2 years of relevant experience or Ph.D. Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior enzyme characterization experience is a must.
- Working knowledge of general biochemical and molecular biology principles preferred (i.e. chromatography, HPLC and/or FPLC, protein expression and purification, basic enzymology, protein and DNA gel electrophoresis, genomic DNA isolation, PCR, etc.)
- Prior fermentation experience a plus.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and through technical writing (protocols, reports, memos).
- Willingness to learn and independently take on new tasks within a fast-paced growing organization.
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors
- Great attention to detail and accuracy in recordkeeping.
- Must be well organized, interact well with others and manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated – able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate machines and test equipment
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: BRI’s HR Department at email@example.com.
Please consider registering for our job announcements. You will receive an email notifying you as soon as we have a new opening! See the form below!